Thursday, May 14, 2009

A New Outfit


I made myself a new Spring outfit.  Isn't it cute!  (Please excuse the cheesy grin.  My hubby was making me laugh.)  The material is a cotton/poly knit that I found in the clearance section of Joann's.  I bought 2 yards for $8.  It's thin so I have to wear a tank under the top, but that's okay.  I like the way it moves and feels.

 
I based the shirt off of Simplicity pattern 2964, but I made a few changes.  I didn't do the large sash that ties in the back because I wanted more of a blouse look.  I also omitted the buttons on the sleeves because I hate making button holes.  I left the bottom edge unfinished to match the skirt.  My favorite part is hard to see in the picture, but I embellished the neckline with a fabric flower ruffle thing.  I think it makes it more stylish.
 

The skirt is my own design.  I love the color.  It's an earthy soft heathered green.

No comments: