Friday, April 3, 2009

Jersey Skirt

I am more than slightly obsessed with this certain dress on Etsy.  I am convinced that we were meant to be together.  The dress and me.  Me and the dress.

The only problem is the $150 price tag.  I just can't do it.

So I'm going to make the dress.  I've been working on drafting a pattern by combining bits and pieces of other patterns and making my own adjustments.  It's a work in progress.  Thanks to a sale and coupon I bought the fabric (online).  It's a delicious organic cotton / bamboo jersey blend.  Yummy.  I bought extra yardage so I could have enough to play around with because I'm slightly nervous.  I've never sewn on jersey before and this is the dress we're talking about.

Anyway, I made a skirt.  I used a recipe and not a pattern.  I'll make some adjustments next time, but overall I really like the skirt.  The color is fabulous, because well, I dyed it myself.  :)  It's super comfy due to the amazing awesomeness of the material.  I wish all my clothes were made out of jersey.  Bonus: the wide stretchy waist band means it can double as a maternity skirt.  And no I'm not pregnant; I'm just being practical.

 
  
 

No comments: